Heavy Gear at The Summit!

Hot giant robot-on-giant robot action! Also... missiles and lasers!

Postby Steel Paladin » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:31 pm

When: Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 10:00 am starting time - please be there by 9:30 am
Where: Nepean Sportsplex, The Arena
Why: Because... giant robots!! Missiles!! Lasers!!!
What: 1000 TV Heavy Gear Blitz! Tournament
How: Using standard DP9 structure and rules

Please send your 1000TV lists to me, via PM, sooner than one week to the event so I can check them over and test them for legality with Gear Garage.

Watch this thread intently, or just subscribe to it. You can also follow @steelpaladin and/or @gamesummit on Twitter, and hopefully that may help me announce updates and changes, and you to learn about them.

More details will be provided as they are brought to me by my webbled spy cats.

UPDATE: Black Talons will not be able to force table conditions using SPs. All other SP options will be ok, however.

FURTHER UPDATE: KADA armies are allowed their one Duelist and that Duelist is allowed to have one Duelist ability, as per their rules in The Perfect Storm. The optional 'Best of the Best' rules, however, will not apply in this tournament.
Jordan
Game Summit Head Admin
Pod Squad Field Agent (Heavy Gear / Dream Pod 9)

Download the new Heavy Gear Blitz Beta rules for free at http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/1 ... Beta-Rules

Working On: NuCoal/HAPF Chasseur Mk. II heavy trooper Gears and a Cuirassier strike Gear for their Combat Group Leader. (Heavy Gear)
Collection: Humanist Alliance (Heavy Gear), Blood Angels Space Marines (Warhammer 40,000), Van Saar gangers (Necromunda), Aleph and Japanese (Infinity), Dindrenzi fleet (Firestorm Armada)

Blog - Instagram - Pinterest - Flickr - Twitter
Steel Paladin
Administrator, or Head Nerd in Charge

Re: Heavy Gear at The Summit!

Postby Gahris » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:57 pm

We are using the field manual update right?

Also are we restricted on PL level ?
Last edited by Gahris on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Ottawa Gamer
Blog: http://ottawagamer.blogspot.com/
RankingHQ Player Id: 100742
Flames of War Dog Tag #742
Gahris
Registered Gamer

Postby Steel Paladin » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:59 pm

Gahris wrote:We are using the field manual update right?

Absolutely. I reckon it's been out long enough.

Gahris wrote:Also are we restricted on PL level ?

No PL level restrictions are in effect, save for the caveat that a tie in all other aspects is broken in favour of the player whose PL is lowest.
Jordan
Game Summit Head Admin

Download the new Heavy Gear Blitz Beta rules for free at http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/1 ... Beta-Rules

Working On: NuCoal/HAPF Chasseur Mk. II heavy trooper Gears and a Cuirassier strike Gear for their Combat Group Leader. (Heavy Gear)
Collection: Humanist Alliance (Heavy Gear), Blood Angels Space Marines (Warhammer 40,000), Van Saar gangers (Necromunda), Aleph and Japanese (Infinity), Dindrenzi fleet (Firestorm Armada)

Steel Paladin

Postby Gahris » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:11 pm

I assume the missions will be similar to the ones that are in the book, where PL has an effect on which ones you have?
The Ottawa Gamer
Gahris
Registered Gamer

Postby Steel Paladin » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:27 pm

Gahris wrote:I assume the missions will be similar to the ones that are in the book, where PL has an effect on which ones you have?

Yup. I still have to figure out which ones to assign, though. As I recall, there was some disappointment with the ability of players to choose their own missions for each game.
Jordan
Game Summit Head Admin

Steel Paladin

Postby Gahris » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:00 am

Steel Paladin wrote:
Gahris wrote:I assume the missions will be similar to the ones that are in the book, where PL has an effect on which ones you have?

Yup. I still have to figure out which ones to assign, though. As I recall, there was some disappointment with the ability of players to choose their own missions for each game.

Yeah, half the point in taking a PL1 force is your missions are a little more easy to do
The Ottawa Gamer
Gahris
Registered Gamer

Postby Henshini » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:50 pm

PL has very little to do with which missions you pick. Even at PL1 you could still be forced to take half of your objectives as offensive. The points value will determine how many OP there are and a low PL will mean that you have to achieve fewer of them to get the same success an higher PL opponent would.
Henshini
Registered Gamer

Postby Steel Paladin » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:21 am

By the way, we will definitely be permitting NuCoal armies at the event. I won't be able to check them with Gear Garage, as there isn't (and might not be at that point) an update for them in it yet, but I'll bite the bullet and check the lists manually if I have to.
Jordan
Game Summit Head Admin

Steel Paladin

Postby An00bis » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:19 pm

im going to try my best to make it there with a painted army! :D
Armies
Tau Empire, Sa'Cea Specialized Warfare Expeditionary Fleet 7,000 pts
Imperial Guard, The Brotherhood of Nod 2,500 pts
Chaos Space Marines, (Alpha Legion) The Hydrafire Enclave 2,000 pts

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

I'm gonna pop some tanks, Im just chillin' in my Broadside, I-I-I'm huntin', you're lookin' for some cover, this is f---ing awesome
An00bis
The Scavenger King

Postby Steel Paladin » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:34 pm

An00bis wrote:im going to try my best to make it there with a painted army! :D

Don't sweat too much if it's not entirely painted. I mean, try to do so, but at the very least BE THERE!
Jordan
Game Summit Head Admin

Steel Paladin

Next

Return to Heavy Gear